Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Craft of the day: Memory Box

So This is a little bit of an older craft that I did, it was for our niece she was born in July. She has one of those names that you wont find on a keychain. Its really cute though. I wanted to get her something more than clothes that she is going to grow out of.


So first we ran out to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a little treasure box some acrylic paint and brushes 




After i got into my comfy's and got all ready for a few hours of crafting we set in and went forward started by painting the box white. It took about 2 or 3 coats to get it full covered. I did NOT paint the inside. It would be pointless really to do that.



  
After the plain white paint dried I added her name using stencils that I bought, it wasn't as hard as I though it would be. I didn't want it centered trying to be different. I also painted in the letters on the sides so they stood out, A B C  you get the idea they are the different accent colors. That also took about 2 coats. The butterflies and flowers both took only 1 coat to get a good cover.


 And here is the finished product. All together it took about 4 hours.  And i was super happy with how it turned out. So were they!


Leave some comments if you've made something like this! 
On to the next craft



 photo signature_zpsg2bzftcv.png

No comments:

Post a Comment