Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wedding Wednesday!



So If its not obvious and I'm sure it HAS to be, Its WEDDING WEDNESDAY! Seeing that since last week we haven't really done much for the wedding besides look at a few places online and have settled on our top three that we want to go visit and see which one we fall in love with for our wedding day.. They are 

  1. Morris Arboretum (close to chestnut hill college in Philadelphia, PA* top* )
  2. Top of the Tower (Center City, Philly *right*)
  3. Valley Forge PA (Its a national park, kind of a big deal *bottom* )
That is pretty much all we've done for our wedding planning as of the last week. They are our top 3 we just have to go and see which one we really love and isn't gonna break the bank and that is reasonably priced.


So that being said I wanna talk to all the ladies out there wondering WHY didn't he propose yet? And the ones that get mad when they go to a nice restaurant and see another couple get engaged and it doesn't happen AGAIN...

It took Mr B 6 years to realize that I was the love of his life. Yes 6! I'm talking half of high school (junior and senior year) The first year and a half of college AND me moving 1000 miles back to Philly. Yeah talk about anticipation! I will say though that when we went to New York(after high school, some of college and me moving back to Philly) He knew RIGHT HERE...

...That he was in love with me...(I still get butterflies when I think about that day)

So lets see we met in 2005, I moved to Philly in 2010, Went to New York in 2011, Moved in together in 2012 and got engaged in 2013... I say the wedding in 2015 would be perfect. 10 years later we are married. Talk about full circle...Again 2015 depending on if I get this new job (Fingers crossed and prayers totally accepted) and learn how to SAVE money.. ha!

Basically what I'm trying to say is, that it will happen when you lease expect it. You don't have to have a elaborate engagement. We had a nice quiet perfect for B and I engagement. That's what its about. You and your man. Don't worry if you go to a 5 start restaurant or under the Eiffel Tower in Paris and he doesn't propose. He could be waiting until you run out for burgers and look a mess in sweats and your hair tied up. because that's who he loves. The you he see at home, the you that no one else gets to see besides him.

 And from one "newly" engaged lady to another when he does pop the question, ENJOY IT! There are few times you will see the love of your life so vulnerable.  You hold his happiness and future happiness in your hands.  Soak in everything he says to you, and save it to the internal hard drive. Its one of the best moments of your life!

I thought I'd leave you with the picture from the night we got engaged.. I edited it with an appropriate (I think at least) quote





Now its time to get some non wedding related work done!

 photo signature_zpsg2bzftcv.png

No comments:

Post a Comment