Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I HAD a gallbladder...

... and then it was removed.

Today is my Surgiversary! Its been 1 year since I had my gallbladder removed.

My gallbladder was the gallbladder from hell when I got pregnant. I woke up from a nap, drank ice water and was in the worst pain of my life. It was horrible. The pain didn't go away, infact it increased. Finally i vomited and it went away. We didn't know what it was. Maybe I ate something bad, regardless I kept track, it would happen all the time no certain foods or anything like that. I went in to my OB and they told me it was indigestion, I told them it was Gallstones. At this point I had been researching my symptoms and i knew for sure that it was gallstones. We tried to use Zantac to see if that would help. It didnt. Memorial Day weekend rolls around, We were at breakfast at IHOP. Bret could tell something wasn't right. He knew I was having problems, now at this point I was 22 weeks pregnant with Magoo. We left breakfast and went to L&D.By the time we got there the pains were gone. As fate would have it.

Now these pains would go away as quickly as they came on. It was literally like blinking that quick they were gone, and I was exhausted from the pain. L&D advised to come back the next day for tests. So we did, i wasn't allowed to eat anything and we showed up at 8 am. I was brought to a room, they were slow and i stayed for 3 days, I had an MRI, ultrasounds, and a ton of blood work. It was glorious. Diagnosis: Cholelithiasis. I had a ton of stones in there.

The Nurses in this hospital were the best! Nurse Kelly and Nurse Shannon were the best. ( I actually had Shannon when I

gave birth and she remembered me. She was pregnant with her own little boy. I hope they are doing well)
My Meals while I was admitted,

Bret brought me some comforts of home.

 The second time I was admitted it was a lot of the same, except this time we knew I had the gallstones, i was farther along 32 weeks. There were no surprises. I was just anxious to make sure that Magoo was okay . He was, Thank the lord, We decided at this point that once I gave birth the gallbladder was going to be removed

  



Fast forward to November 17,2014 We went to the out patient surgery section of the hospital checked me in and then we waited. I was finally taken back, put inder and the gallbladder was removed. Bret was waiting for me but Magoo needed to be at home not at the hospital. So Bret took him home. I was in recovery, then I went to L&D because I was a nursing mother they sent me to L&D. Now if you know anyone who has had their gallbladder removed irbid you've had it removed, you know that it is an outpatient procedure. However I wasn't the hospital for 3 days. And not one dr could tell me why I was in there. All they could tell me was that I had to have a second procedure done. And then suddenly I didn't need it done and I could go home. So strange.
(Just a few shots from the 3 day stay...)

But it all worked out in the end, it wasn't a walk in the park. I swear the pain was worse than labor. I would never wish it on my worst enemy. 

But a year later I don't miss it. I have my super small scars to remember the journey with. It was totally worth it.

Happy Surgiversary! Until next time...
 photo signature_zpsg2bzftcv.png

No comments:

Post a Comment