Sunday, November 15, 2015

Spinach Artichoke Dip.....

...Made by me In the Crockpot!





Recipe courtsey of Pinterest and sixsistersstuff.com

All right, its football season and for some of the Eagles games we have parties. Not all of them and not always big games, but we have fun anyway. And on a fall day there is nothing better than a hot dish.

I decided I wanted to make some spinach- artichoke dip. I am so happy with it. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Here's what you will need...

 14 oz Artichoke Hearts, chopped and drained. 
(*Now I am no artichoke expert. I THINK I bought the wrong ones. All i had to do was rinse them in water and got the seasoning and oil off the best i could. They still worked great!*

1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, drained.

1/2 cup Sour Cream
*I used friendship dairies, it was on sale at ShopRite, you can use whatever brand you love*


1/2 cup mayo
*Mayo can be any kind you want. I prefer Hellmans Mayo SNOB to the max*



1 Cup finely chopped onion
*Helpful Hint: ALWAYS get your husband or anyone else to chop the onions, my eyes were burning so bad!*

1 clove garlic minced
* we love garlic so i used 3- seriously garlic is a food group in our family*
what you're supposed to use...



what i used ;)

1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
*again we used what was on sale at shoprite, use whatever brand you love and or whatever is on sale*


1/4 teaspoon garlic salt.

Okay I forget to get the picture of this, but this is the kind of garlic salt I used.


1/4 cup milk
*whole milk from target*

1 8oz packet of cream cheese-cubed.
*there is a theme here, it was on sale use whatever floats your boat for cream cheese*

Salt and Pepper to taste

I didn't add, but everyone added if they wanted too. 

Okay BEFORE you start, spray your crock pot with non-stick spray. It really made a difference.

Now you want to throw ALL of that into a blow and mix, you want to make sure its all mixed pretty well before adding to the crock pot.


Once mixed throw it into the crock pot & 
add the cream cheese cubes evenly throughout 

Turn that bad boy on high for 2 hours. 
Check it around an hour, if everything is hot, it's done. 2 hours is recommended to make sure everything gets cooked through.
Mix in the cream cheese and serve.
 It was delicious!

My taste-testers

My Taste-Testers part 2

The only picture I could get of the finished product

Now it says that the prep time was only 10 minutes. I am NO where near a chef. It took me at least 30 mins to prep. But then again I had issues with onions, and forgot to defrost the spinach. 
Try it out. Let me know if you liked it! We sure did!

Until Next time....
 photo signature_zpsg2bzftcv.png

No comments:

Post a Comment